With only 58 days until Christmas Day, it’s easy to let the seasonal shopping stress set in. Not only is Christmas the most stressful time of the year financially, it’s also the most wasteful time of the year.
In 2018 Australia Post found 1/3 of us don’t have our gifts bought until the very last week. Shockingly, Australians receive over 20 million unwanted gifts at Christmas time and create 125,000 tonnes of waste in plastic packaging alone. Here are our picks for silly season savings and sustainable gifts.
Start Planning Now
Buying in advance can save you big bucks because:
- You are less likely to panic purchase
- You have time to shop around for the best prices
- You won’t be hit with a big bill at the most stressful time of the year
Be Sensibly Sustainable
Our team got together to pick our favourite eco-friendly gifts to help you make sustainable choices and purchase gifts that won’t end up in landfill.
Babies, Toddlers & Kids
Home and Family
- Decide on a budget
- Shop around for the best prices
- Avoid gifts that use excessive packaging
- Buying quality over quantity ensures your purchases will stick around after the silly season is over